At 4th Avenue Dental Centre in Calgary, Alberta, we are proud to offer Invisalign clear aligners. Invisalign is a popular and effective alternative to traditional braces for straightening teeth. Here you’ll learn everything you need to know about Invisalign, including how it works, the benefits, and what to expect during treatment.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that uses clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible and can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing.
How Does Invisalign Work?
The Invisalign treatment process begins with a consultation with a qualified Invisalign provider. During this consultation, we evaluate your teeth and determine if Invisalign is the right treatment option for you.
If you decide to move forward with Invisalign, we will take impressions of your teeth and create a custom treatment plan. This plan will include a series of clear aligners, each of which will be worn for about two weeks before being replaced by the next aligner in the series.
Over time, the aligners gradually shift your teeth into the desired position, resulting in a straighter, more even smile.
The Benefits of Invisalign
There are several benefits to choosing Invisalign over traditional braces, including:
- Appearance: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, making them a great choice for adults and teenagers who may feel self-conscious about wearing braces.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are made from smooth, comfortable plastic that won’t irritate your cheeks and gums like traditional braces can.
- Convenience: Invisalign aligners are removable, so you can eat, brush, and floss as you normally would.
- Predictable results: Invisalign uses advanced imaging technology to create a custom treatment plan for each patient, ensuring predictable and consistent results.
- Faster treatment times: In some cases, Invisalign treatment can be completed in as little as six months, compared to the two to three years typically required for traditional braces.
What To Expect During Invisalign Treatment
If you decide to move forward with Invisalign, here’s what you can expect during the treatment process:
Custom aligners: Your Invisalign provider will create a series of custom aligners based on your treatment plan. You’ll wear each aligner for about two weeks before switching to the next one in the series.
Follow-up appointments: You’ll need to visit your Invisalign provider every six to eight weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
Wear time: In order for Invisalign to be effective, you’ll need to wear your aligners for 20-22 hours per day, removing them only for eating, brushing, and flossing.
Oral hygiene: It’s important to maintain good oral hygiene during Invisalign treatment by brushing and flossing regularly and cleaning your aligners as directed.
Retainers: After you’ve completed your Invisalign treatment, you’ll need to wear a retainer to ensure that your teeth don’t shift back to their original position.
Choosing the Right Invisalign Provider
If you’re considering Invisalign, it’s important to choose a qualified provider who has the experience and expertise necessary to ensure a successful treatment outcome. Here are some key factors to consider when choosing an Invisalign provider:
- Experience: Look for a provider who has extensive experience working with Invisalign and has completed the necessary training and certification.
- Reputation: Read reviews and ask for referrals from friends and family to find a provider with a reputation for providing high-quality Invisalign treatment.
- Communication: Choose a provider who takes the time to listen to your concerns and answer all your questions.
At 4th Avenue Dental, we offer personalized Invisalign treatment plans to help our patients achieve their ideal smile. If you are interested in Invisalign treatment, contact us today to schedule a consultation.