4th Avenue Dental Reopen
To all our valued patients,
COVID-19 has been a very difficult time for all of us and with the shutdown of dentistry. We deeply appreciate your understanding while we were restricted to emergencies only, to do our part to control the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are happy to report that we are planning to reopen our office for routine treatment effective immediately. Our hours of operation will be Monday to Thursday 7am to 3pm & Friday 7am to 2:30pm.
Your health and well-being has always been, and will continue to be our highest priority. We have been carefully preparing and updating our practice procedures to meet and exceed the guidelines set out for us. We are also retraining our dental team. Please be assured that we will be taking care of you just as we would take care of our own families.
For your peace of mind and preparation, here are some changes you may notice at your next visit, so we can provide a safe treatment experience:
Prior to Your Appointment
- You will be contacted by phone to answer some pre-appointment screening questions. We can also provide you with a copy of the required consent form for your review.
Upon Arrival at the Office
- Only patient requiring treatment to come into office unless accompanied by a guardian.
- We will ask that you sanitize your hands with our hand sanitizer as you enter the office.
- We will ask you to fill out a form containing the same pre-appointment screening questions. If accompanied by a guardian, they will be asked to fill out form also for themselves.
- We will take your temperature using a contactless forehead thermometer.
- You will be offered the option to leave your credit card on file to expedite a quick exit at the end of your current appointment(s).
- We have removed 2 of our chairs from our reception area, as well as all magazines and toys, to encourage distancing and discourage high touch items.
- We have staggered appointment start times to encourage distancing.
- We have enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols everywhere in the office, but especially at high touch areas.
- All rooms will be completely sanitized before each patient is seated (this has always been the case)
- Our team will meet and exceed all treatment guidelines set out to us by our Government, Alberta Health Services, as well as our respective Colleges. Both you and our team are completely safe.
- Our team has all the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to perform treatment safely.
- Appointment times will be a bit longer given the new protocols.
- We can no longer offer blankets in the rooms
Checking out After Your Appointment
- We will minimize contact as much as is possible, as well as implement distancing protocols as best we can given the circumstances.
- We may need a signature to submit to your insurance plan. Bring your own pen if it makes you more comfortable, of course we will have freshly sanitized pens available.
- We have set up plexiglass barriers at reception
- We will ask that you sanitize your hands when leaving the office.
Specifics for Our Office
- There are a vast number of other changes that we have made, but we’ve all read these emails and seen these changes in our city. If you have any specific concerns, please call us and we’d be happy to discuss them.
- In our office, we have constraints on space. Given that distancing may be hard, if you wish to wear a non-medical mask to the office, please feel free to do so, but it is not a requirement. We will all be wearing masks or maintaining distance, or both.
I truly appreciate the trust you have placed in myself and the rest of our team, and I look forward to getting back to providing outstanding care for each one of you.
Dr. Kevin Schade & The 4th Avenue Dental Team