4th Avenue Dental Covid 19 Response
To all our valued patients,
COVID-19 has been a very difficult time for all of us and we deeply appreciate your understanding towards the changes we have made to do our part to control the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are happy to report that we are open for routine treatment. Our hours of operation are Monday to Thursday 7am to 3pm & Friday 7am to 2:30pm.
Your health and well-being has always been, and will continue to be our highest priority. We have continually updated our practice procedures to meet and exceed the guidelines set out for us, including the retraining of staff. Please be assured that we will be taking care of you just as we would take care of our own families.
For your peace of mind and preparation, here are some changes you may notice at your next visit, so we can provide a safe treatment experience:
Prior to Your Appointment
- You will be presented a pre-screening questionnaire either by text, phone, or email. We can also provide you with a copy of the required consent and screening form for your review.
Upon Arrival at the Office
- To limit the number of people in the office, we ask only patients requiring treatment to come into office unless accompanied by a guardian.
- We will ask that you sanitize your hands with our hand sanitizer as you enter the office.
- We will ask you to fill out a sanitized form containing the same pre-appointment screening questions. If accompanied by a guardian, they will be asked to fill out form also for themselves.
- We will take your temperature using a contactless forehead thermometer.
- You will be offered the option to leave your credit card on file to expedite a quick exit at the end of your current appointment(s).
- We have removed 2 of our chairs from our reception area, as well as all magazines and toys, to encourage distancing and discourage high touch items.
- We have staggered appointment start times to encourage distancing.
- We have enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols everywhere in the office, but especially at high touch areas.
- All rooms will be completely sanitized before each patient is seated (this has always been the case)
- Our team will meet and exceed all treatment guidelines set out to us by our Government, Alberta Health Services, as well as our respective Colleges. Both you and our team are completely safe.
- Our team has all the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to perform treatment safely.
- Appointment times will be a bit longer given the new protocols.
Checking out After Your Appointment
- We will minimize contact as much as is possible, as well as implement distancing protocols as best we can given the circumstances.
- We may need a signature to submit to your insurance plan. Bring your own pen if it makes you more comfortable, of course we will have freshly sanitized pens available.
- We have set up plexiglass barriers at reception
- We will ask that you sanitize your hands when leaving the office.
Specifics for Our Office
- There are a vast number of other changes that we have made, but we’ve all read these emails and seen these changes in our city. If you have any specific concerns, please call us and we’d be happy to discuss them.
- In our office, we have constraints on space. It is a requirement to wear a mask to your appointment and between treatments. If you forget your mask, one will be provided to you upon arrival.
We truly appreciate the trust you have placed in us and we look forward to getting back to providing outstanding care for each one of you.
Dr. Kevin Schade, Dr. Patti Bueckert and The 4th Avenue Dental Team